...as my Danish friend frequently says. I take it to mean "phew." Looks like I made it through the first week of the term. I was unusually stressed out, but the decision to withdraw from a seminar I had been slated to speak at in March really helped. I also took care of a bunch of little tasks, which also always helps. I attended two NOR1300 lectures on Henrik Wergeland. It was certainly fun to be in the position of being a student again, and I do think it has helped me prepare for my first group class meeting on Monday. But I have a ton of work ahead of me to make that group class work.
I have spent a lot of time on the ferry studying my calendar, actually, trying to see how I'm going to get everything done, and with the removal of that March seminar everything suddenly seems sane and do-able again. I'm sure my fellow commuters think I'm incredibly anal as I write and erase and highlight manically in my calendar.
Last night I tried on the Miss Honeychurch raglan pullover, since I made it down to past the underarms. It looks like it's going to be a good fit. I started knitting one of the arms too, just to see how it looks. I love that the pattern has you pick up stitches from the underarm rather than leaving a seam to sew. In fact, I am starting to really, really love this pattern. It is so logical, and all the elements fit together so nicely. It's incredibly addictive to knit, especially now that I have the cables to work on the side seams. It's so tempting to knit "just one more" cable repeat. Miss Honeychurch is, in other words, the knitter's version of crack. I'm trying to force myself not to knit this evening, just to give my wrists a rest (they're aching a bit).
I forgot to mention that E has been accepted into the first grade at the Waldorf school starting in August! That was a really fast turn around. The great thing is that he'll technically be in first grade, but their first grade is held in the preschool rather than the grade school, so it's a smoother transition. I think that's ideal for a December kid like E. The Waldorf school has 3 "feeder" preschools to choose from, and E has a friend in two of them, so we're obviously hoping he'll get into one of those two classes (we were asked to list our preferences on the acceptance form). It will be really exciting to see which one he gets. I hope this decision to go the Waldorf route turns out to be a good one for E. I feel such a crushing responsibility not to screw him up for life in choosing what grade school to send him to. I can't imagine what it's going to be like when he hits college age!
One more thing that's a relief: I have finally made a dentist appointment for myself. I was utterly shocked when I realized that I haven't been to the dentist since before I met KE!! That's coming up on seven years. How can it have been seven whole years since I had a check up?!
1 comment:
that's great news he got in! I'll be curious to follow him as he goes there. Hope he gets into that feeder.
Post a Comment