Friday, January 1, 2010

Dagen derpå

We had a nice evening at our friends R & E's house last night, were home by 11 (late night for E!!), and got to watch all the neighbors' fireworks at midnight from the comfort of our living room. We were disturbed to see little kids bending over to inspect unexploded fireworks--what's up with the parents?!

Finally looked at the website with the percentage-system for knitting top down raglans, and I think I'm going to be using it a lot, so I'm putting in a link here.

Here is a picture of my mom's sweater coat:

I think it's going to fit her really well, and I love the copper color. It is incredibly warm and cozy to wear.

And here's a close up of the fair isle sweater that I started:

I'm almost done with this sleeve now--just four more repeats of the "lice" rows. I read on Kaos' Ravelry page that she had to give this one up after knitting the whole thing because she hated the way the alpaca yarn looked stranded. I can see what she's talking about, but I guess I'm just not that picky on this project. I'm just looking for a soft, comfy sweater.

Should I be concerned that my only specific goals and dreams for the new year concern my hobby?

ETA: link to a list of Norwegian online yarn stores.

EATA: link to the big Selbuvott competition hosted by Det Norske Samlaget!

No comments: