Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Bærestykker

Look! Here it is on the blocking mat, and here it is below, on me:

There's lots of fiddly things I'm not totally happy with, but over all it is a pretty nice pullover, and I really enjoyed knitting the yoke. I could barely put it down. Kaos was right about the stranding not looking good with the alpaca yarn, but at this point I don't care--it's just a kick around sweater any way.

Here's another yoke:
This is the first shot of Miss Honeychurch in progress, starting from the neckline of course. So far I really like it, but as I mentioned in the last post I have no idea whether I'll end up having enough yarn.

Today at work I banged out a really rough draft of the intro to the cabin book. It felt great to get some thing concrete done on it. I also spent a bit of time fantasizing about whether this might be a good thing for me to do when my fellowship runs out.

No comments: