We're on easter break now, and although the sun is shining like crazy the wind has picked up and it's quite cold outside. So, as a consequence we're trying to come up with fun indoor activities.
In other knitting news, Webs (www.yarn.com) is having its annual sale starting today. I had heard that the coveted Louet Euroflax linen yarn was going to be on sale, so I haunted the website until the sale prices were posted, and put in an order. I ordered five skeins of the fantastic Pewter color. The regular Webs price is $23.95 and it's now marked down to $16.79, which is a solid 30% discount if my math is right. I've been wanting to buy enough of this to knit a sweater for years but could never find that color on sale, so I'm thrilled! I'm thinking of doing a longish version of the Amiga cardigan from the Knitty website. I've seen a couple of linen ones on Ravelry that are much longer than the pattern calls for, and they look great.
I also really want to knit KE a sweater. He's been wearing the same three sweaters to work all year, and really needs something A) lighter weight and B) different. I forced him to scroll through a Ravelry search of mens' sweaters in appropriate yarn weights, and he almost immediately picked out a really handsome design. It turns out it's designed by Norwegian blogger Tora Frøseth, and I think the sweater is going to be perfect for KE. The pattern calls for the Norwegian yarn, Ask Hifa 2 ullgarn, and KE zeroed in on a really cool color from their website almost immediately. He wants the color "Gulbrun" (6093, a kind of mustardy brown). Personally, I think it's going to be gorgeous. It's always a huge project to knit something for him because the arms and body are so long, but on the positive side, as a tall, trim guy he always looks great in the end result.
So, needless to say, I'm whipping myself up into a regular knitting frenzy right now. I wonder if it's seasonal?

No comments:
Post a Comment