Sunday, March 25, 2012

Knall!

Wow, this spring weekend has been totally amazing. We've had glorious sun and temperatures around 15 celsius, which means we've been outside practically the entire time. Fabulous!

I finished the Porticus pullover. It fits perfectly, and I was able to block it outside on the patio!

I love it. It got a little hairy there right at the end, as I was knitting the last sleeve. I ended up with no more than 20 centimeters of yarn left over. Talk about maximizing one's resources!

My sister-in-law stopped by for a visit, so I baked an apple cake using the recipe from Smitten Kitchen. I discovered after I started that I was short a couple of eggs and some vegetable oil, so I had to improvise. Even so, it turned out delish.
At the request of KE I cut way back on the sugar (one cup instead of two) and was assured that it tasted just like a Norwegian (read: better than American) apple cake. Go figure! I'll definitely be making this one again.

No comments: