I finally got a round "tuit" and have a picture of the Lightweight Pullover in progress just after splitting for the arms and rejoining for the body. Here's what it looks like:
It's not much to look at, but boy-oh-boy am I excited about the project! This has the potential to be the most wearable of sweaters. I love that the yarn is undyed. I love the fine gauge (24 stitches over 10 cm on 3 mm needles--pretty much my ideal!). I love that it will have a large (but not too large) unstructured cowl. I'm glad it's going to have a little waist shaping. I love that it's just round after round after round of plain stockinette. I know that drives a lot of people crazy, but for me it's what knitting is supposed to be.
I'm pretty sure that I'll have lots of the gray alpaca yarn left over, most likely enough for a sweater for E too. I'm thinking of making Gathering Stripes with apple green stripes to contrast with the charcoal gray. It looks like a really fun and easy project that I think E would get a lot of use out of. So there's yet another project I want to have finished now. This is getting silly! But for now I'm going to stick with the Lightweight pullover and see if I can't get it finished by the end of easter break...

No comments:
Post a Comment