Thursday, June 30, 2011

Småting

Just coming up for air after a major article revision that took me way too long to finish. Sometimes my work really flows, other times not at all. All my knitting has stalled, and I don't want to start yet another project for fear that will stall too. I did do a little easy knitting on the trip to New Mexico to use up my left over Noro Silk Garden, though:
I used up all the black that I cut out of the Noro raglan pullover that I made earlier this spring. There wasn't all that much, so the scarf is pretty short. And, as you can probably see, I have yet to darn in all the (many!) ends.
We've been having really muggy weather, alternating between sun and rain. The garden is blooming and cherries and berries are ripening. I love this time of the year. Unfortunately, E is still suffering from a lingering stomach virus, though today he seemed to perk up for the first time in over a week. I think he may be over the worst of it.

Otherwise, we're anxiously awaiting word on various job applications, and I'm engaging in big time escapist fantasy. Even though I love living here, I can't help but dream intensely of living some other life in some other place. Will that ever stop?

Oh, at work today I had an amusing little cultural exchange that reminded me that I'm an American in Norway. One of the administrators came to my office and said "Dette er ikke en purring men, jeg ville bare høre hvordan det går med den karakterbegrunnelsen..." (this is not a reminder, but I just wanted to hear how it's going with that grade report...). Hello, that totally IS a reminder! Norwegians are so indirect...

No comments: