Sunday, December 6, 2009

Strøtanker

Juhu! I finished the linen tunic tonight! And I also finished untwisting the three skeins of Drops Alpaca, with a little help at the end from KE. I think that I'm going to make this Drops sweater (number 108-10) the first thing I cast on for 2010, using the deep olive green Drops Alpaca as the base color of course. That gives me the rest of December to work through some stash yarns. If I can find big enough needles I'll start with the Drops Highlander yarn I got from R. Otherwise, I'll probably go with the Debbie Bliss Yoke Detail Sweater (Ravelry link) with the Elsebeth Lavold yarn that I bought last fall. Though I'm still not 100% convinced that is the right pattern for the yarn, I'm tired of having it in my stash.

I probably should really do some hat knitting instead of yet another sweater. I'd really like to do Jared Flood's Laurel (Ravelry link) to celebrate the arrival of Made in Brooklyn. Seldom have I seen one small book of patterns with such a high percentage of things I'd like to knit.

No comments: