Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I boks

Phew. I feel like I've been in crank (and perhaps cranky?) mode the past few days, without much room to breathe. KE got called in rather suddenly to get the screws and metal plate operated out of his ankle on Thursday, which has had him out of commission since. Saturday I served a Thanksgiving dinner for 9, making every dang thing from scratch alone. Double phew. It was fun, but pretty exhausting. I'm becoming less and less of a social person as I get older. I'm so much better at one-on-one interactions than groups...

Yesterday I finished up the last revision on my Anne Holt article. Today I prepared my presentation for the seminar I'm participating in in Trondheim tomorrow, and applied for internal funding for the publication of my Cora Sandel book from nearly 3 years ago. I'm also close to diving into the writing for the cabin article in Norwegian for the cabin anthology that the folks up in Trondheim are putting together. I'm excited to meet them for the first time tomorrow!

I also started a half-assed attempt at Christmas cheer here at home with E's disastrous Advent calendar from last year and a new big red star for our living room window. E is much more aware of Christmas and Advent this year because of activities in preschool, so I feel a certain amount of pressure not to let him down.

I'm pretty demoralized in the knitting arena: I've been knitting nether garments for E, but my suspicion that they will just get washed in the machine and shrunk makes me extremely unmotivated to work on them. I reknit the front of my Gathered Pullover, which turned out great, but then I decided to unpick the cast on edge at the bottom to add a couple inches. Turns out it takes forever to undo a cast on edge. Argh. I just need to start adding two inches in length to all sweaters. KE, who has such a good eye for such things has mentioned that on my last two sweaters. All I really want to do now is cast on for a Debbie Bliss Yoke Detail Sweater (Ravelry link) with my stash of Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool. I may just take that with me for the trip to Trondheim, since I couldn't settle on an appropriate book to bring along with me.

No comments: