Notice the whoopie cushion on the chair. That was the most popular gift. By the end of the two hour party the kids had blasted big holes in it. By the way, the Norwegian word for "whoopie cushion" is "prompepute," which I find unbearably cute ("fart pillow").Yesterday I finished the back of the Drops Highlander sweater, and spread it out on the floor with the front to see what it looked like. KE walked by and commented that he might like to have it for a crazy kick-around sweater. I was thrilled, since I've been trying desperately to come up with a new sweater that he would like. At first we thought I could just add length, for him, but since I wasn't super happy with the way 0-228 was knitting up and since I was clearly going to have a ton of yarn left over, it was no big deal to rip it all out. Enter 85-3! I don't know why I didn't think to search the men's patterns before. Of course now I'm a little worried there won't be enough yarn, but that's all part of the excitement, I suppose.
I didn't get a chance to photograph the first attempt, but here's what 85-3 looks like in-progress:
Pretty wild, huh? It will be fun to see KE in it, especially since everything else I've knitted for him is so drab.
No comments:
Post a Comment