Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Små steg

Little by little we're starting to move into the main part of the house. First priority was getting E's bedroom set up. I think he really likes it, and has been asking every day for one of us to come play with him in his room. It doesn't show in the picture, but the room has a really high ceiling, so even though it's on the dark side of the house (facing the granite wall) and is relatively small, it has a good feel. Still need to get another "Trofast" frame from Ikea for the blue bins. I like the thought that this is where he'll be until he leaves home, the room he will most identify as his "gutterom."

Over the weekend KE's nephew helped us move the refrigerator over, so now we're cooking on this side of the duplex. Of course we haven't bothered to move everything over at once, so it seems like we have to run over to the other side to get something for each meal we prepare. But we have gotten our kitchen stuff from the States out of storage, and I was happy to see the cheerful Fiestaware again!

For right now KE and I are sleeping on foam mattresses in the living room and using the smaller bedroom on this side as a storage room and staging ground for the move. I'm actually sleeping much better here in the living room, which really surprises me. Yesterday I put the quilt that Grannie made for me on the bed in the little bedroom and even thought the room is still a complete mess, it really made it look better:

The renters built the loft platform. The room actually has a cathedral ceiling too. Don't know when we'll get time to take it down (or put the doors on the wardrobe), but every little thing helps at this point.

No comments: