Friday, June 5, 2009

Overveldet

So for some reason (maybe it's my period) I'm now feeling totally overwhelmed. The week has flown by, and a number of good things have happened, but I can't seem to get it together mentally. I had a great critique session with a colleague on Tuesday. She gave me the best possible suggestions for improving the Volvo Lastvagnar article, and in a normal week I probably would have been able to crank through the revisions by now. But since my Mom is visiting I took part of the day off on Wednesday to guide her to a weaver's studio in Oslo, where we visited for a good long while. It was really neat to see her house and studio, which she shares with her free lance sound engineer husband and children. She is a former architect who switched to textile art seven years ago. The house was a fabulous blend of old and new. I wasn't totally wild about all her work, but some of the pieces I found really intriguing.

Yesterday I had to give my first (ever) oral exam for the early literature course. I was really nervous about messing it up for some reason, but it went relatively well. The student did great, actually. I took care of a bunch of nagging errands on campus, but didn't manage to get any writing or revising done, which is a bummer. I've also not knitted at all for two days! My wrist was starting to hurt a bit, and I was literally too tired to knit last night (gasp!).

The biggest news of the week is that the sofa (ordered a full two months ago) arrived on Wednesday. It's great! I love it, and never want to have to buy another. Such a relief!

No comments: