Not totally happy with the shaping (shoulders too loose, neck opening too wide), but it's certainly wearable. It's very warm, so it won't get much use until winter hits. Can't quite figure out the pained look on my face. I really do hate having my picture taken, so it's weird that I'm so willing to post pictures of myself on the internet.What I've actually spend most of my time on this weekend was frogging the horrible jacket made out of lovely shetland yarn. Here's the result:
That looks like it might be enough to make a shetland sweater from Traditional Knitting Paterns of Ireland, Scotland and England, though I'll have to weigh it to be sure. The pattern is a two-color all over diamond pattern. Very pretty, and it would be subtle in these tone-on-tone heathery colors.I picked up the guernsey for E to work on as planned, only to discover that I had only half of one arm knitted rather than one and a half arms. So, more knitting than I thought. I tried it on him just to get a better picture of the pattern:
It's way too big of course, but I do like the pattern a lot. Guernseys are very appealing. And of course E is just painfully sweet. This pattern is called "Child's Filey Guernsey" and is from the traditional knitting book. I think I'll try to finish it off before I pick up the Whisper Cardigan again.
No comments:
Post a Comment