My knitting mojo is gone. I've been progressing slowly on the Ung høst pullover, and I had hoped that I might even finish it this past weekend, but alas no. I had a little trouble working out how to set up the raglan decreases in a way that looked nice with the 3 x 2 ribbing that makes up the body and sleeves of the sweater, so I ended up having to rip out about 5 cm of raglan decreasing and start over again. But (as always with frogging) it was totally worth taking the time to fix it, as it looks much better on the second attempt.
Otherwise things are very low key and low energy around here. We're sort of hunkering down for the onslaught of winter, and enjoying a spate of sunny (though cold) autumn days. Even the smallest tasks seem insurmountable right now, though I am slowly working through things, both on the home front and at work.
Today will be kind of crazy. I've been invited to a seminar where Norway's most renown novelist will be giving a talk this afternoon. I'll have to throw myself into a taxi right after class and high tail it up to a conference center high above Oslo to catch it. I didn't plan this (just got the invitation on Friday), but I'm teaching one of his novels in today's class. Serendipitous (though it would have been better had I been able to bring the students too).
No comments:
Post a Comment