Since nothing else I try knitting seems to be working, I gave into temptation and finally started in on the cashmere yarn I bought back in August. I'm so glad I did:
The (free) pattern is Lava Flow Cowl (Ravelry link). Since I have more than enough yarn, I added an extra cable repeat, and will make the cowl much longer so that I can wrap it twice. I love reversible cable patterns, like the bronze stole I knit out of Rowan Kidsilk Haze a couple of years ago. So even though I'm a little disappointed in the bland color, I'm very excited about the project. Oh, and check out that provisional cast on at the bottom. Duh, that was so easy.
E said the funniest thing on the way to school the other day. He was telling me how cows have four stomachs, and he informed me in all seriousness that the first one is for soda, the second for meat, the third for rocks, and the fourth for candy and grass. Natch.

No comments:
Post a Comment