I'm finding it hard to squeeze in blog posts these days. We went away for a few days to our neighbors' summer cabin on Hvaler, which was lovely. No photos, as I forgot to bring my camera. The weather was spectacular, as was the company, the food, and the setting. We took a day trip to Sweden, which was a disaster, though. E was really tired or something because he had a complete melt down that lasted for most of the trip. It was awful. He also ran out into a street from between two parked cars and was almost hit by a man on a bicycle. It was one of the worst moments of my life. Thankfully we got off with just the scare.
It was lovely to come home to an even greener yard. E had a buddy over to play today, and then this evening we got an SMS from his parents saying they'd just discovered that he has come down with chicken pox. Argh! Such bad luck, especially since I'm leaving for Chicago the day after tomorrow. We don't know yet whether the boy was infected at preschool or somewhere else. If it was preschool, then E should be coming down with it very soon. If not, we have a window of time.
My knitting is pretty uninspiring right now. I'm working on the cabled pullover, and still concerned that I chose too dark of a gray for it. I am also working on a project with some yarn that my friend L gave me last year. I found a pattern in Tine Solheim's book, Maskeball. It's not listed on Ravelry yet, but it's a short jacket with a ruffle, of all things. I'm almost done with it (huge needles) and am regretting that I didn't double the yarn. It would have been a firmer fabric, but since it's mohair there's virtually no chance of ripping it out and starting over.
Otherwise, I'm spending a lot of time looking into iPads. My trusty MacBookPro is on its last legs after six years of heavy daily use, and I am trying to figure out if I can downgrade and still meet most (though clearly not all) of my needs. Lots of research to be done. Don't be surprised, though, if I make a (calculated) impulse purchase in Chicago...
No comments:
Post a Comment