I actually have two sweater reveals today, plus an updated snapshot of one from last year. This wave of sweater pictures has more to do with the fact that I discovered a neat-o retro clothes hanger (and the thought that I could hook it over a rock in our yard) than anything else.
First up is the gray cowl vest:
I'm still planning on adding sleeves, but for now I think I'll get some use out of it over this new white tunic I bought. This lace weight silk-merino blend is just so exquisite, and still manages to be warm despite its gossamer feel.
Then today I finished the Francis Revisited in Noro Silk Garden:
It's a smidge tight on, but since there's silk in the blend I'm guessing that it will relax quite a bit once I start wearing it. In general I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. It pretty much corresponds to what I had envisioned when I started the project.
Yesterday was a crazy day for me, with all those big deadlines looming: job application, US taxes, and a bunch of small publication stuff. I had decided I was definitely going to reward myself, and I have to admit that I went a little amok on my shopping spree. I bought a sweater's worth of yarn (Garnstudio Drops Alpaca in color 0506 dark gray), some new (cheap and practical) clothes, and a spring scarf, which happens to go with my blue Miss Honeychurch sweater from last year:
We're on Easter break here now, and then right after the holiday I head to the US to go to my beloved SASS conference. Can't wait: old grad school buddies, badly behaving senior colleagues, up-and-coming former students, fantastically supportive and nice senior colleagues, hilarious dancing, my dearest friends, what more could I ask? It will be a hoot to give my paper on The Troll Hunter as well.
Today was a really nice day. The sun shone, I did some cleaning, we went to the library and to the grocery store without incident, E got to visit a friend, KE got to go to a soccer game, and we all went out to Thai food afterward at our local restaurant. Now I'm just trying to stay awake long enough to watch an episode of Treme.



No comments:
Post a Comment