Sunday, April 18, 2010

Vips

Two pictures of finished objects to post today. Thanks to Eyjafjallajökull, no flights are leaving Europe, and I along with the rest of my household am down with a nasty cold, so I haven't had the energy or motivation to do anything but knit the past three days. So here is the Marius yoke sweater:


Since this is yarn that has been knitted up and frogged twice before, it was pretty chopped up and there were a ton of ends to weave in. I ran out of the Jamieson and Smith Moorland with only 11 rounds to go, so I used the lighter color that I also have for the very top of the yoke. I can't decide whether it's okay, or whether I should go to all the trouble and expense to order more of the Moorland. I'll just have to see.
Since the camera was out, I took the opportunity to get a snap of the second Miss Honeychurch too:


I wasn't expecting it to be so see through, but I think it will work. Love the linen for sure. These are sweaters five and six for the year.

Not quite sure what the next project will be. I got a new book (consolation prize for the canceled flight): Tove Fevang's Helt enkel hekling (ISBN 9788202314903). I'm pretty excited about it. It's an introductory book with a bunch of projects that, though very simple, I really want to make. Here are some snapshots of a few of the projects, to give you an idea:





This last one is even written for Garnstudio Drops Alpaca, and since I already have all of those colors left over from the ripple blanket, this seems like a natural choice.

No comments: