Ah, that's more like it. I had to go to 2 stores in Oslo, 3 on Nesoddtangen, and 6 more at the mall before I found an acceptable curtain rod, and even then I couldn't find any café curtain rings to hang the curtain with. After trying a couple of different things, I ended up crocheting a row along the top with loops. I'm really glad that I'm getting more proficient at crochet, as it is such a versatile and useful technique. I would have never thought of this solution if I hadn't made the ripple blanket. If I do say so myself, I think the curtain is darling. Strictly speaking I should knit a second one, as this doesn't cover the whole window. I doubt that's going to happen any time soon, especially since it's mostly just meant to be decorative.I also took a snap of the blue linen Miss Honeychurch that I started last night:
I have modified it a tiny bit so that there is a column of knit stitches at each of the raglan seams. It bothered me with the first one that only one of the four seams had that. It's knitting up rather loosely. Of course I can't be bothered to check the gauge. I hope I don't live to regret my lackadaisical attitude!
1 comment:
The curtain is gorgeous! And I think that's the first time I've ever heard the term "gardin glede!" :) There's a curtain store in St. Hanshaugen (called like "Gardiner" or something) where you might find your rings of choice, if the loops don't work out. Anyway, your project was inspiring!
Post a Comment