Not much to look at just yet, and I need to find a curtain rod somewhere, but the lace pattern looks pretty nice. Can't wait to get a snapshot of the curtain once it's up. And with this, I now, officially and for more than 24 hours, have not a single craft work-in-progress! Totally cleared out! This hasn't happened since I picked up knitting in earnest again in 2008. Of course I still have a stash, but even most of that is now dedicated to specific projects. Feels good to have "orden i sysakene."Last night I had yet another dinner invitation--this time at the Oslo pied-à-terre of a UK-based colleague. It was just four of us, me and three women academics in their 60s. I was a little worried that I wouldn't fit in very well, but it was actually a relaxed and even fairly fun evening. I spent the earlier part of the day in Oslo running around like a chicken with my head cut off though, trying to get things to work and run errands.
Today I was able to devote a good long block of time to the Frobenius article, which is starting to come together. The last remaining hitch is the question of how the term kulturradikalisme (of the so called third wave or post-1968 variety) is defined in the debates surrounding Teori og praksis. I can't even fine a clear definition of the term in Norsk idéhistorie, which really surprised me. At any rate, I got out as much on paper as I possibly could today, and now I'm feeling pretty drained. Time for a little nap and then it's on to take two of Miss Honeychurch.
No comments:
Post a Comment