Frobenius article: just hit the top of page 11 and am still finishing up my main points about the novel itself. Next up is the first critical article about the novel.
Ripple blanket: ran out of black yarn with only 1/2 a row, one more colored stripe, and one more black stripe to go. The irritating thing is that I went to Tjorven on Friday to pick up a skein of another color I ran out of, but didn't have the foresight to buy a skein of black. Ooops.
Leaf lace curtain: started working on it again since I'm out of commission on the ripple blanket and have gotten about 10 cm knitted. I'm a little distressed to see that my gauge is much looser than before. I am tightening it up now that I can see the difference, but there will definitely be a wonky patch up about 4/5 of the way up the curtain. Ooops, again.
Life: the cold is almost gone. Just hacking up the occasional lugie. Gross, I know. I stayed in my pjs all day today. I baked a kick ass pizza. I watched Norwegian cross country skiers kick ass at Holmenkollen (on tv, of course). I did laundry. I forgot to brush my teeth. I am still in my utterly neurotic phase of not being able to fall asleep with KE in the room. I'm such a freak.
Outings: E was so wiped out by ski day (he's the kid in an apple green snow suit) on Thursday that he refused to go to preschool on Friday. I needed to pick something up at my office so I took him with me into Oslo. We had a nice little outing. He said hi to a few of my colleagues, and laid down on the floor in the hall explaining (in a quite animated fashion) to a couple of them that he was dead. We hit Tjorven and Riktige leker on the way home: both of us were pleased with our little shopping trip. And of course E loved all the modes of transportation: bus-boat-subway-subway-boat-bus!
No comments:
Post a Comment