Before: you may recall the dumpy green cotton sweater that did nothing for me.

After: the fabulous Miss Honeychurch, which I'm very happy with. Hard to photograph at arm's length, so here are two shots:

Much better, no? It's a good fit and I think I'll get a lot of use out of it spring and summer.This week I covertly started knitting upcycle project number 2, the black Shetland wool. This morning I finished the first sleeve and decided to block it, just for kicks:
It's the Norah Gaughan oversized Guernsey. After lunch I may watch a DVD that I have had lying around (Roy Andersson's Du levande) and get going on the second sleeve. Or maybe just space out.ETA: Spent the afternoon knitting and reading Norah Gaughan's Berroco blog. Now I'm making this soup for dinner. I don't have fresh spinach or cabbage, so I'm substituting with cauliflower and will add fresh cilantro at the end. It already smells good.
No comments:
Post a Comment