I knit. I fret. I muse about being part of a bi-cultural family. Occasionally I ponder politics and religion. Astoundingly, I get paid to think and write about Nordic literature and film.
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Escape from Sleeve Island!!!!
I did it! I finished the grotesquely long sleeves on KE's Icelander sweater! Now I only have about 4 inches to go on the body. Unbelievable that it could take so long to knit sleeves. Each one is about as much knitting as for a small child's sweater. I don't think of KE as all that tall--only about 6'2", but gee whillackers, the guy has long arms. The pattern (size large) called for 48 cm. Instead, I used the two sweaters KE has that actually have long enough arms as a gauge, and they were both about 55 cm. Okay, I know I'm making too big of a deal out of this, so I'll stop. I'm just so relieved to have escaped the purgatory of sleeve island...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm an ape man I'm a King Kong man I'm ape ape man
... :)
Post a Comment