I wore my Bulgarian Pleated Skirt to work for the first time today. This has to be one of my all time favorite projects. Here's a snapshot from my office:
Loved wearing it, and even though it got dripping wet in the torrential downpour we had today, the fact that it is wool meant that it remained totally wearable, and dried quickly. I'm just so stinkin' pleased with it, and (even) really like the way it looks on me.
I haven't really said much about the small travel knitting project I've been working on in between stints of slogging through the Still Light tunic. It's Nessie from Danish knitter Julia Zahle's blog, Aalerusen. I used one skein of Kauni Effektgarn, and am relatively pleased with the result:
I worked on this on the Peer Gynt pilgrimage and on the trip to Helsinki. It was dead easy (just garter stitch and tons of short rows), and fairly striking in its tendril like form. I think mine looks like a sea slug.
While in Finland I bought 8 skeins of this yarn so that I can make a Graystone tunic:
Turns out I kind of bombed on my yarn purchase. I went out of my way to go to the huge Lankamaailma yarn store in a suburb of Helsinki, while right on the Esplanade (which I passed every day from my hotel to the conference) was a Finnish handicraft store that sold a similar, but much more aesthetically pleasing (and much more expensive!) yarn in a gorgeous array of colors. I kind of wish I hadn't gone there, as I definitely experienced buyers remorse. But now I know--live and learn. If I'm ever in Helsinki again I'm heading straight for the handicraft store to buy some Paksu pirkkalanka. And I do think the yarn I ended up with will work out well for what I have in mind.



1 comment:
This IS a great skirt indeed!!
Post a Comment