Friday, March 25, 2011

Store begivenheter

Gosh, it's over a week since I last posted. So much has happened that it will be hard to catch up. First and foremost, the secret event I took part in over the weekend was the marriage of my dearest friend. It was a magical event, but it's not my story and not my place to broadcast it. Let me just say that the couple, who are both in their fifties both married for the very first time (very unusual!) after being together for sixteen years. They were married in full-on traditional folk costumes in an 850-year-old stave church in the village that the bridegroom's family emigrated from about 150 years ago. Everything about the wedding was lovely and moving. We were only a party of eight, and I felt incredibly privileged to have been able to take part in it.

I decided I needed a thoroughly mindless knitting project to take along for the trip, so I ended up going for a Clapotis scarf. This is about the most popular knitting pattern in the world. Right now there are well over 17,000 projects listed on Ravelry. I dug out some Garnstudio Drops Silke-Tweed that I had left over, and just went for it:

It's a very fun and satisfying travel knit, though I'm not yet sure whether I'll actually use it. It may end up as a gift.

Unfortunately, I came down with what I sincerely hope is the last cold of the season. It really put a damper on my week, which is why I'm only now finding the time to blog.

No comments: