Before I forget I'm pasting in a link to Kritisk masse here, so that I won't forget where to find it. I'm excited to attend my first ever skeptics conference, and really my first ever "personal interest" (rather than work-related) conference ever.
Then, I just have to mention that I've been participating like crazy in a discussion thread called "A Free Pass to Disrespect" on Ravelry's Big Issues Debate forum about the degree to which we can and should show respect for beliefs that we fundamentally disagree with. It has been really interesting, but pretty depressing. It is so hard to find common ground. But it did prompt me to find this nice little critique of Pascal's Wager on Youtube:
And, even better I think, is this rebuttal of the criticism that the creator of the video received:
For an interview with him, click here. He has created a whole series of interesting skeptical videos.
No comments:
Post a Comment