Monday, June 28, 2010

Døgnvill

Jet lag does strange things. Here's what woke me up (inside my head) at 3 am:


We've seen 3 World Cup matches since coming home. Here's the tournament chart from the FIFA website.  I loved seeing Ghana win, even at the expense of the US. It was painful to watch Argentina clobber Mexico, though. Like everyone else I'm dismayed by all the problems with refereeing goals--legitimate goals are being called (England), and obviously illegitimate goals are being allowed (Argentina). Two in two games is a really poor statistic. Bummer.

I'm over the half way point on the Bridgewater central square, and just finished the first of four skeins of yarn. That knitted on border must use a lot of yardage!

Need to see if I can get back to sleep after being up for almost two hours. First day back at work today. Ack. Erlend Loe and Norwegian cinema lectures to prepare for Wednesday, plus three grade justifications to write, plus everything else I've been avoiding. Double ack.

ETA: Okay. If I include George Jones, I'm pretty much obligated to add Loretta Lynn, Don Williams and Buck Owens:





No comments: