Then there's the finished stripy sweater, which is already getting dirty:
And here's the latest addition to our living room, the Vatne 108 chair that I bought used. You can just barely see the footstool in the background behind my knitting basket:
And now here's a snapshot of what's in that knitting basket. It's another reknit. As I mentioned in my last post I'm knitting this ribbed pullover from the lace pattern short sleeved sweater I started early this summer.
So far I really like it, though the knitting through the back loop and the silk content in the yarn is a little hard on my hands. Or maybe it's just that I'm knitting it like a maniac. It's the kind of project I love: mindless and drab!
But more exciting things are in the works. I've ordered Jared Flood's first book, Made in Brooklyn, and my Mom is going to bring it when she visits in December. I'm also gearing up for my next year's knitting agenda. I've decided I want to tackle fewer projects and focus on some really challenging things that I haven't had time for during this year of mass production. I'm aiming for four really lovely sweaters, though I haven't quite worked out exactly which ones (other than Alice Starmore's Fulmar and Jared Flood's Seneca).
No comments:
Post a Comment