Yesterday things started to fall a bit more into place for me. I worked at home, and was actually able to use my little office they way I had intended. There are still piles of stuff to be sorted and stored, but it is now a functional room! I celebrated by finally doing some serious work for the cabin book. I have been so distracted by all the other commitments and projects I have had over the past eight months that I have done very little that relates to the new book. Yesterday I cracked into a really important area that I need to have covered, and it was so much fun. Turns out there's quite a bit of research out there on medieval
shieling practice in Scandinavia, and in my mind at least the shieling is the precursor to today's cabins.
And if that wasn't exciting enough, I officially ended my knitting hiatus. I wanted to work on something very easy with bigger yarn and needles to go easy on my hands, so what I decided to do was frog the picot pullover I knitted a while back (wasn't happy with the neckline) and start on a Francis Revisited (
Ravelry link) with the yarn. I'm calling it Francis Recycled:

Not much to look at yet. It's a top down raglan, which I've never done before, so that will be fun. Very soothing knitting so far.
No comments:
Post a Comment