Okay, now I'm a dork. Yesterday morning I woke up with the intense feeling that it was wrong to send the article to Nordic Theatre Studies. I checked the publication venue database, and to my surprise Ibsen Studies counts at level two. I immediately sent off an email to NTS asking to withdraw the article, and then sent it on to IS. I got a very nice email back from the editor at NTS and it sounds like he didn't quite know what to do with what I'd sent him and was relieved, since it was indeed not a good fit. When will I ever learn not to do things so impulsively? When I finish an article I just get so incredibly antsy about it, and am desperate to get it out and under review.
Knitting on the Drops sweater is going slowly. I took some time on Thursday to start another patchwork pillow cover, but haven't finished that either. Yesterday I bought some stain for one of the used dressers that KE bought back in January. If it ends up looking nice we'll probably put it in the living room.
It continues to rain. I heartily admit that it was getting too hot for me back in June, but now I'm starting to miss the sun... If I sound kind of cranky, I guess I am. I miss having full days at work, to be honest, especially since I took so much time off when my mother was here too. I'm just not getting anything done, and I feel such intense pressure to be writing, since I know that's my only chance for ever getting a permanent job here in Norway. I keep telling myself that it's only another week or so and then KE will be done with his school work, but I worry that I won't be able to make up the time.
I've had a nice email exchange with the editor of the new Nordic literary cultures volume on place that I'm going to contribute to, and we've hashed out which texts I'm going to inclue in my article on rural work buildings at the edge of civilization. I love the list:
1. Gísla saga Súrssonar (sometime between 1270-1320)
2. Maurits C. Hansen's "Luren" (1819)
3. Knut Hamsun's Pan (1894)
4. Tove Jansson's Sommarboken (1972)
5. Kerstin Ekman's Rövarna i Skuleskogen (1988; or maybe Moa Martinson's Kvinnor och äppelträd from 1933 or Stina Aronson's Hitom himlen from 1946 instead)
6. Per Petterson's Ut og stjæle hester (2003)
I'm excited about it, and even more excited about the project meeting in Provo in September.
No comments:
Post a Comment