So far I'm really happy with how it's going. Just a little more on the collar, then the two sleeves to knit and a crochet border along the front edges. Should be easy. Then there's the yarn I bought in Madison. The first photograph was so bad that I took some more snapshots. Here's the Prism Lace Wool (or is that Wool Lace?):
Here you can see that there's some variation in the color, which I really like. Not garish, but not flat either. Then there's the Rowan Kidsilk Haze:
And just to prove that I'm a wild and crazy gal who can really function outside her comfort zone, here's a completely different color, the charcoal gray Lamb's Pride Worsted:
And I feel no shame. I love all these colors senselessly, even though to most people they're ridiculously boring. Still trying to figure out exactly what I'm going to make once the green cardigan is done, and really looking forward to these next projects.The SASS banquet turned out to be incredibly fun. My friends and I all danced wildly for hours. We even got in a little slam-dancing for old time's sake. I think the new crop of graduate students thought we were pathetic, middle-aged freaks (true), but that's their problem. The utterly uninhibited dancing is definitely the best thing about the entire conference.
2 comments:
ahh, the dancing is what I regret the most to have missed out on...
This year's dancing was the best I've ever experienced, for some reason. You were sorely missed, and there were quite a few funny comments about looking for a pole for you :)
Also, Tim Tangherlini got up on stage and sang "Vild ting" again (apparently he did it at the conference banquet in Redondo Beach too). It was one of the funniest, most absurd things I've ever seen. A bunch of us got down on our knees and bowed down to him as he sang.
Another high point was Tracey dancing to the Ramones - talk about cognitive dissonance - totally wonderful.
Post a Comment