Saturday, January 24, 2009

10 ting jeg liker i Norge

I thought it might be fun to make a list of 10 things I like from my every day life here in Norway. Obviously I like the big things too, like the fantastic landscape, the art, the literature, the monuments, etc., but I thought it would be a good idea to scale it down to things I actually have going on around me on a daily or weekly basis. So here they are, in no particular order:

1. snøfrisk (a creamy white goat cheese that comes in a triangular box)

2. skiskyting on tv (biathalon, my favorite winter sport)


3. rundkjøring (roundabouts instead of stop signs and lights)


4. adventsstjerner (electric stars hanging in windows during advent, Christmas, and beyond. Nice in the dark)


5. Nytt på nytt (a weekly "news" summary show, Norway's answer to The Daily Show)


6. the amazingly good (and inexpensive) bread available in every store, including 7-11!

7. Rauma finull (my favorite yarn: fingering weight wool)

8. Nesoddbåtene (my ferry commute)

9. Kvikk lunsj (like a Kit Kat, but better)

10. bjørketrær (birch trees, of which we have many in our yard)

Have a nice weekend!

4 comments:

Quail said...

During my time in Norway I had an unhealthy infatuation with pølse with mustard. I've now upgraded to an infatuation with Jarlsberg.

Kverulantinnen said...

Ah, the fabulous "pølse". The big question is whether you eat them with "lompe" or a bun or both?

karilie said...

I like 4-10, but my 1-3 would be: Norwegian strawberries, nordmarka and folkehøyskole.

I love kvikk lunsj, but I always hope that the next time I'm back that they come out with a dark chocolate version...

Anonymous said...

I'm norwegian, and find it amusing to read about your norwegian favorites! As Karilie just statet, kvikk lunsj should come in a dark chocolate version, I agree! Nice blog, how come I haven't seen it before?