Friday, May 18, 2012

Hurra ... tror jeg?

Yikes! I'm really not feeling very inspired to blog. There are a lot of things to fret about these days (mostly work-related), and very few of them are things that are appropriate for a lightweight public knitting blog. But here's a quick round up of the non-fret-inducing things going on.

1. I've had to discipline myself sternly not to wear the Obsessory scarf every single day since finishing it. It is my favorite knitted object ever (see picture in the previous post, where I look like a cat who just ate a mouse. I'm that thrilled with it).

2. I started a smaller version with two-row stripes. It doesn't look all that great, but I think I'll forge ahead with it and see if blocking helps, or if I end up liking the unclear striping after all:
I suppose it would have worked better to do four-row striping, but I wanted narrow stripes. There are some solutions (like doing an all-purl row on the second row), which I suppose I could experiment with if I weren't feeling the need to just stick with something absolutely idiot-proof. I really can't bear any frustrations or challenges beyond what's already going on in my life right now!

3. We had a lovely Constitution Day yesterday. E wore his bunad with great enthusiasm. Here are both of the males I live with, trudging in their new togs up to the school where the parade started:
Like father, like son, eh? Or is it just me who thinks they have the same build? At any rate, it was a really lovely day, with the parade, festivities at school, a long nap in the middle of the day, then a very mellow and fun party with our neighbors. They invite us every year, and since this is the fourth year we've been at their house we're getting to know their extended families and other friends pretty well too. Plus the food is great and the kids all have a great time with virtually no parental supervision. Yay on all counts!

4. My current form of escapism is massive contemplation of yarn purchases and potential projects on line. Thankfully I'm not actually buying all the yarn I've been ogling, because I do understand the mechanisms involved. It's not like buying a whole bunch of yarn or casting on for a whole bunch of half-baked and incredibly ambitious knitting projects is actually going to, you know, get me a permanent job or anything like that. But for now I look, so as to avoid thinking about other things.

I'm not quite sure exactly why I'm feeling so much more protective of my privacy right now. Part of it may just be the logistics coming from Blogspot; I need to change the settings of the blog for an upcoming migration to Google, and I'm trying to figure out if I should just exert slightly more effort and go ahead and migrate this blog over to Wordpress, which is where I keep my academic blog. I guess you can consider this a heads up regarding a potential migration by the end of this month. I'll let you know for sure once I've taken the time to figure it out.

No comments: