Over the weekend Aftenposten did a piece on a house here on Nesodden. I've never seen it, but it's quite close to where we live. I was so flipping impressed and inspired that I have to link to the article. A) the house was built with all recycled material, B) it is simple and classic in both exterior and interior design, C), the owners did nearly all the work themselves, and D) one of the owners is the author of a Norwegian cookbook on legumes--a book that I simply must acquire. Basically, a part of me wants to be Lena Camilla Jensen. I'm green (well, a subtle celadon) with envy.
On Sunday we took E to the movies for the first time ever! It was such a fun day. We went in to Oslo to watch Knerten at the Colosseum theater. It's a spectacular building, and the movie was very fun and retro. It's an adaptation of beloved children's author Anne-Cath Vestly's books about Lillebror and his fantasy friend, Knerten (a stick). The premise is that his parents go a little crazy and give up their life in town for a ramshackle farm house in the middle of no where (my most favorite fantasy). The film also has an exceptionally high quotient of fantastic knitwear. Checkout Lillebror's sweater here:
So darned cute. I think it's inspired by Krokbragd weaving patterns (I just googled "krogbragd" and found this blog describing the technique, for those who don't didn't grow up with a tapestry weaver for a mother like me).Oh. And on a less inspiring note, I guess I should mention that I knit two right mittens. Moreover, I felted them before I discovered the mistake. The felting turned out fabulous (I can highly recommend Vamsegarn and grønnsåpe--much better than the result from this spring using Fritidsgarn and regular laundry detergent), but I need to knit two left mittens now. Erk.
No comments:
Post a Comment