Thursday, March 12, 2009

Festlig

I can't resist posting a WIP photo of the gift shawl I'm making. I love it so much, and I think its intended recipient will too:

And I'm having so much fun plowing through all the Hamsun-scholarship. There is so much that is interesting that has been written about his texts. I've started trying to write my paper twice now, both versions going in very different directions. I'm just trying to bang it all out uncritically so that I have something to work with once I've properly digested all the secondary sources and re-read the primary texts. Gee, it's been a long time since I started off on such a big new project like this. It is exhilarating and challenging and puzzling. Who knows where all this will take me. I'm already really suprised by the ideas I've had in the last two days, since it is a completely different direction than what I had originally planned to write about. I think right now I actually have 3 different Hamsun papers brewing--one on two specific novels that will make up half a chapter in the cabin book, one that's about the author-narrator problem in general in Hamsun's writing (that's today), and one on the problem of place in a particular novel. Argh! There are so many ideas spinning around I don't know where to start!!

No comments: